As a "thank-you" back in 2010, I gifted Huck's class with a bunch of capes that I thought would be used occasionally for dress-up play, but ended up being used every day for when a child reached "Super Kid" status. The staff asked me if I could make a new set of capes for the kids this year. I was more than happy to do so, and I finally finished a set of ten capes and delivered them today.
I went for a gender-neutral color pallete of primary colors and mixed bold stripes, stars, circles and solids together with a simple star applique on the back of each. Last time I made the capes from shiny materials, but I found that a bit difficult to work with. I also wanted to make sure the new capes would be really durable and washable for regular use over time. I'm very happy with the way they turned out, and it was fun to pick Milo up from school today and see all of the little Super Kids in the new capes!