So in addition to buying handmade, I'm going to give you a chance to win handmade! I was recently contacted by Heather of SeamsMod about offering a giveaway of one of her gorgeous, handmade diaper clutches.
The diaper clutch is great for moms or anyone on the go. For moms on the go, the clutch is sized perfectly to fit a case of wipes, and several diapers, the clutch still allows space for other necessities—keys, phone, wallet and other goodies. This clutch includes a detachable keychain that can also double as a wristlet allowing you to keep your hands free.
Materials used: Coordinating Joel Dewberry home-dec fabrics in grey and yellow, interfaced for stability; bag closes with coordinating zipper and include metal clasp with detachable keychain
Dimensions:Width (at top) 12" tapering to 10" (at bottom); Height 7"; Bottom 2"; Detachable Wristlet/Keychain 1" x 5"
Retail value: $20
I asked Heather from SeamsMod to tell us a little bit about herself and her creative process. details on how to enter the giveaway (and a discount code!) follow the interview.
Tell us a little bit about yourself/a little about the items you sell.
Growing up I never understood my mother's love of fabric and her ability to scout out quilt stores during family vacations. Well, call it what you want, but I now share a similar love of fabric and creating handmade goods.
|diaper clutch, $20|
Trained as an architect, SeamsMod not only grew out my love for modern-fabric and design, but an even greater need to find happy homes for my creations! My husband and I call an 800sf mid-century mod-inspired condo home--these cozy quarters have inspired me to create as fast I purchase fabric.
And a little about the items you sell.
I’m particularly inspired by clean, simple, modern design, but I also have a true soft spot for anything vintage. The collaborative process of design is rewarding and I enjoy the outcome of a custom request.
|reversible tote, $40|
I’m definitely a planner—that leans on the side of being rigid! At the beginning of the week I try to pull together all my projects that need to be accomplished during the week ahead and cut them out. When tackling individual projects, I’ll pull together two (sometimes three) projects of the same type, that use the same thread. As picky as all this sounds, I feel most productive when I’m organized.
Lately, I’ve tried to work with minimal background distractions. However, a little ‘brainless’ TV in the background is never a bad thing.
Messy or neat? See answer about my creative process and you’d think neat right? My tendency is to neatly spread my projects all throughout our home. I’m trying to curb that tendency to save my husband from being taken over by fabric.
When you're not creating, what do you do?
Bake! I enjoy creating sweet goodie and baking with good friends. Can’t cupcakes and chocolate make anything better? However, I do run to keep the baking from catching up with me. I recently finished my second marathon, and definitely see a third in my future. My husband and I also enjoy kayaking together.
Quick! What is your favorite:
Cookie: black and whites
Sappy love song: True, Spandau Ballet
T-shirt: Ringer or Baseball T’s make me happy
Nail polish color: My finger nails usually stay naked, but I prefer dark red or purple tones on my toes
Vegetable: Spinach and brussel sprouts! (That love started when I was little…)
SeamsMod is offering a special deal to Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! readers. You can get 15% off your entire purchase (shipping not included) until December 17, 2010. Enter the promo code HIDEOUS when you check out!
HOW TO ENTERTo enter the SeamsMod giveaway, you can either:
1) Visit SeamsMod on Etsy, then come back here and leave a comment letting me know what your favorite item is in the shop.
2) "Like" Seams Mod on Facebook, then come back here and leave a comment letting me know you're a fan.
Only ONE entry per person, so please note that you only have to do one of the above ways to enter. And, of course, it thrills me when you "Like" Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! on Facebook, but that won't get you any extra entries, so only do it if you love me :)
Make sure I have a way to contact you if you win - an email address or a username to message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy convo, Blogger, etc.
Giveaway is open to US residents & International residents with restrictions - see official rules for details
Giveaway ends Thursday, December 9. 2010 at noon PST
- Giveaway closes on Thursday, Dwecember 9, 2010, at noon PST. Comment datestamps must be recorded by that date/time to be eligible.
- Winner will be chosen by random drawing and will be announced on Thursday, December 9, 2010, at or before 1:00 PST.
- The giveaway is open to both US and International participants. SeamsMod will provide free priority USPS shipping to US participants and free first class shipping to International participants. INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS PLEASE READ: SeamsMod is willing to expedite shipping for international shipments if winner is willing to make up difference between first class mail and international express. Payable via PayPal.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian permission to enter (if you are under 18, we will need to contact your parent(s)/guardian if you win and make sure they said it was okay-so ask permission before you enter).
- I will announce the winner on my blog and make every attempt to contact the winner. You may wish to leave your email address in your comment, or a place where I can message you via Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, etc. If the winner doesn't respond within 10 days, a new winner will be chosen.
- Item will be shipped directly by SeamsMod via USPS Mail. Expedited shipping and/or insurance may be purchased by the winner for an addtional fee. Item will NOT be insured against damage by the postal system unless additional insurance is purchased. Payable via PayPal.
- Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! (Marigold Haske) is not responsible for loss/damage and/or disputes concerning the winning item. If there is a concern about the giveaway itself, please contact Marigold. Once the winner has been selected, all concerns will be handled between SeamsMod and the winner.
- All SeamsMod Shop Policies apply to the winning item as if it was a purchased item from Etsy.
- By entering this giveaway, you are complying to the official rules as they have been laid out here :)